Saturday, June 24, 2006

3DS Max Sword Fight Animation

I love animation - I love the freedom of being able to animate a character and get a tremendous kick out of breathing life into them. And now, thanks to a crash course in 3DS Max by Chris Gibbons aka Gibbo (one of the best animators I have ever met!), I have tried my hand at 3D animation.

The characters are just blocks and shapes linked together using the er...linky tool...in Max. And then animated bit by bit using the...er...mouse...thing. And behold!

Alright, I won't try and pretend to be an expert. But I am immensely proud of the result. It's not pretty, clever, big or funny and there is very little colour...but....well there is no 'but'. 3D rocks, AND its not nearly as scary as I thought.

Comments are welcome!

3DS MAX Sword Animation

No comments: